Ask any teacher about their day, and you’ll likely hear them lament about at least one student who had their head in the clouds – daydreaming and not paying attention to the day’s math or geography lesson.
It can certainly be frustrating for teachers when their students drift skyward, but for central office heroes like you, keeping your head (or data) in the cloud is exactly where you want to be. Why? Because when you take to the metaphorical skies, you are in the best position to simplify, streamline and scale your operations – and to do so reliably.
Let’s dig into what that means.
Elevating Enterprise Resource Planning
The challenges of managing your school district’s operations are many. You need to ensure compliance with ever-changing state and federal regulations. You want to remain confident that your data is protected and secure. The responsibilities of delivering solutions that meet the HR and Finance needs of your district are more than enough to keep you up at night.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be hard. An effective Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution that’s based in the cloud can seamlessly connect all your HR and Finance needs into one unified platform.
If the past few school years have taught us anything (pun intended), it’s that all of us across the education system must be nimble and ready to adapt to changing landscapes, working and learning environments, and staffing demands. Having your disparate HR and Finance areas streamlined into one system enables you to do so while also helping reduce errors and save time.
A cloud-based ERP elevates your daily workflows and operations and, at its most basic level, makes your life (and the lives of your entire district staff) easier.
Why You Should Take to the Cloud
Cloud-based software has become increasingly popular in the past two decades and shows no signs of slowing down. According to research by Gartner, more than half of enterprise IT spending will shift to the cloud by 2025. No matter the industry, having the ability to access IT infrastructure, applications and data from wherever, whenever, is here to stay.
An effective ERP solution for your school district does exactly that and delivers features to meet all your myriad needs. A cloud ERP enables your district to excel because it simplifies reporting and data management, streamlines processes and offers endless opportunities to scale as your school district evolves and grows.
We boil these areas down to what we call the three S’s of a cloud-based ERP.
- Simplify – Forget having to keep track of disparate papers and files or worry that your reporting process is no longer in compliance. With an integrated ERP solution, everything you could ever need for HR, finance, payroll and other human capital management needs is all in one place.
- Streamline – Eliminate double-entry, double-work and the potential for double-trouble by streamlining workflows and operations. Plus, with self-service options, you’ll be empowering your employees to find what they need when they need it without having to answer one-off policy questions or attach confidential employee forms because they can access everything themselves via a cloud-based portal.
- Scale – Hiring new staff? Schools redistricting? With a unified ERP, your team, processes, and workflows can remain nimble and adaptive regardless of changes within your district.
In an environment that runs on paper, easier is always better. The cloud makes the most complex, paper-ridden processes a thing of the past and frees up valuable time for administrators like you to ensure the most pressing needs of your district are being met.
Get Ready for Lift-Off with your ERP
No matter how ready you are to move to the cloud, it’s important to recognize that change of any kind can be hard. This may be especially true when your staff has been operating a certain way for years.
Migrating to a unified cloud-based software solution for your K‑12 district, however, is one of the most effortless changes you and your team will ever make. ERP solutions, like ours at LINQ, can be implemented any time of the year, even during the winter or spring months, and once you make the decision to migrate, you’ll wonder why you waited so long.
When you implement a cloud-based ERP for your K‑12 district, you can feel confident your schools will:
- Meet compliance standards – LINQ’s ERP solutions are consistently updated to comply with ever-changing federal and state regulations.
- Experience streamlined operations – Shared systems mean fewer opportunities for manual data entry errors and saved time to boot! With a unified ERP, you can eliminate double entry and gain full financial transparency across your district – and this is data you can access from the front office, back office or your own living room couch.
- Improve data security – Keep your student data safe and financial records sound with the highest level of security.
- Empower employees – Give your teachers, faculty, and staff easy access to their payroll and personnel documents, automate payroll and leave requests, and enable them to update their personal information from one single sign-on platform.
HR and finance administrators like you are the engines that help power your school districts. An ERP solution that helps you manage your district operations from a single, cloud-based system will help you continue building stronger schools and more empowered teams day in and day out.
To learn more about LINQ’s ERP solutions for HR, Finance and Accounting leaders, please get in touch with us to take a tour of our software today.